Incentives to Live Here

Neighborhood Revitalization

The Neighborhood Revitalization Program provides property tax rebates to those building within the revitalization district. The district encompasses all of Cloud County except for the Concordia TIF District.


To be eligible, the construction must be for residential, commercial, farm home sites, or agriculture buildings. The incremental value increase must be $30,000 or more. Eligibility is determined by the County Appraiser in conjunction with the Cloud County Clerk.


Rebates are for five years on a graduated level. For years 1-3, eligible parties can recieve a 95% property tax rebate for the incremental property value. Year 4, 80% and Year 5, 70%.


You must apply at the County Appraiser's office BEFORE you get started. 

This program expires December 2017.

Student Loan Repayment Program

Cloud County was designated as a Rural Opportunity Zone by Governor Sam Brownback. This designation allows us to offer the student loan repayment program. It works like this- your employer has the opportunity to sponsor you for loan repayment. All they need to do is contact Ashley at the CloudCorp office to get started. The employer can match up to $1500 with the state to give qualifying students $3000 a year in student loan repayment. Decision to sponsor is based solely on the employer.


Starting your own business and want to sponsor yourself? That's allowed.


Trying to entice your daughter or son to come home and take over the family business or farm? That can be allowed too! See us for details.


Click here to fill out the form with the Kansas Department of Commerce to get started with your application.

Income Tax Waiver

Another cool feature of the Rural Opportunity Zones program is income tax waivers for individuals moving from out of state. According to state guidelines, an individual moving to Cloud County from out of state, and who has not earned more than $10,000 per year for each of the past five years from Kansas can be eligible for a 5 year waiver of Kansas income tax. Talk to your tax consultant if you have any questions about your eligibility.

Please reload